Frieth School was inspected by Ofsted in April 2022. The letter from the lead inspector stated, 'This school continues to be good.' It highlights that ‘leaders and teachers are ambitious for all pupils’ and that pupils ‘rise to meet these aspirations.’ It also noted:
- Leaders have planned a broad and interesting curriculum
- Leaders identify pupils with SEND quickly and accurately and teachers understand what helps them to learn well
- There is a wide range of sports and other extra-curricular activities
- Teaching is strong and that pupils achieve well
- The effective early years curriculum.
The inspector also found that pupils:
- behave extremely well
- are happy and feel well looked after
- are polite, kind and understand the importance of treating everybody with respect
- talk very positively about the different responsibilities that they have
- are motivated and keen to do well in all subjects.
As a school, we are always striving to improve our practice and continue to work on those areas identified as needing further development. The report asked us to ensure that:
- The knowledge that pupils need to understand is planned more precisely and that subject leaders consider the order in which pupils learn.