Covid-19 Virtual Collective Worship Resources
Coming together as a community has never been so important, or so hard to achieve. Our school normally holds a Collective Worship every day, that brings the whole school together and we would like to provide our community with the resources to continue to do so at home. We hope that this will help people who are isolating, shielding or staying home and staying safe, to still feel that they are a part of our school community.
Our Collective Worship includes the following sections:
- Reflection - Lighting the candle and reflecting quietly on the Worship about to begin.
- Greeting - greetings include responses and simple prayers to welcome our community to the worship.
- The Word of God - a reading from the bible or a bible story for younger pupils
- A story, activity or visitor who helps the community to think about special themes from the bible reading or the story. These are often based on our Frieth School Values.
- Response - A prayer linked to the story, activity, theme or value
- The School Prayer
- Sing and Praise - A hymn or song to match the theme of the worship
- Sending Out - a prayer to conclude the collective worship
Below are some of the resources we use to help us with our Collective Worship so that you can use them at home to lead your own collective worship and still feel part of our community
- Caring and Sharing school prayer.docx
- Challenging and Responsible Collect.docx
- Gentle and Kind Collect.docx
- Honest and Truthful Prayer.docx
- Our Frieth School Prayer.doc
I have been having lots of fun creating my Collective Worship Videos each week, but I would really like to have some 'Virtual Visitors' for the Collective Worship.
If you want to join in, why not record a video of yourself leading one of the prayers, or talking about your favourite Bible story? You could record yourself singing a school song for us to join in with?
Some of our Governors and Staff have been busy recording as well, so watch out for our new 'Virtual Visitors' in Collective Worship from next week.
If you would like to send in a video, please email it to email@example.com
Safeguarding: Please remember your e-safety rule and make sure you don't share your name or address or any other identifying features in the background when you record your video!