Assessment and Progression at Frieth
KS1 and KS2 National Tests:
This year is the first year of the New Standardised Tests and tasks for year 2 and year 6 pupils. The national average standardised score is 100. Pupils who have taken these tests will receive an additional page in their report with their scores for Reading; Punctuation Grammar and Spelling; and Maths. Maths and Science will be based on Teacher Assessment. Year 1 pupils will also receive the results of the phonic check which took place in June.
Teacher Assessment and Non-Statutory Tests:
Years 3, 4 and 5 have taken the Non-statutory end of year assessments which are a ‘snapshot’ of 1 test on 1 day. The results of these will be reported like the National tests with an Age Standardised Score with the average expected being 100 on the attainment grid.
The Teacher Assessment is an ongoing record of their work and progress throughout the year and gives a broader, more holistic picture of your child’s learning. The Teacher Assessment for English Maths and Science is reported on the attainment grid as follows:
1 = Working towards age related expectations
2 = Working at age related expectations
3 = Working at greater depth
In addition, there is a tick grid for all areas of the curriculum to show the overall assessment of your child.
What are Age Related Expectations?
To enable parents to understand what the age related expectations are, we have produced progression tables for each area of the curriculum which give information on what is expected within each year group. Pupils are expected to have demonstrated their ability to do or understand the criteria for the appropriate year group by the end of the academic year in order to be assessed as working at Age Related Expectations (ARE). The tables are available by clicking the links below.
- 1 Progression Map Place Value.pdf
- 2 Progression Map Addition and Subtraction.pdf
- 3 Progression Map Multiplication and Division.pdf
- 4 Progression Map Fractions.pdf
- 5 Progression Map Ratio and Proportion.pdf
- 6 Progression Map Algebra.pdf
- 7 Progression Map Measurement.pdf
- 8 Progression Map Geometry properties of shapes.pdf
- 9 Progression Map Geometry posistion direction and movement.pdf
- 10 Progression Map Statistics.pdf
- Progression of Skills in Art and design Year 1 to 6.pdf
- Computing Progression Tables.pdf
- Progression of Skills Design Technology 2020.pdf
- Progression of Skills in Geography.pdf
- Progression of Skills in History .pdf
- Progression of Skills French.pdf
- Progression of skills in Music.pdf
- Progression of skills in PE 2020.pdf