In addition to supporting big projects, such as the Information Technology Project, The PTA supports the school by raising funds for the enhancement of the wider curriculum. Over the course of the year, they run a number of events to raise funds and provide exciting opportunities for the pupils including the following:
- Frieth Family Social
- Frieth Hilly
- Christmas Fayre and Xmas Factor
- Winter Ball
- School discos
- Film nights
- Pamper evenings
- Easter Egg hunt
- Quiz nights.
As a result of all this fantastic fundraising, over the past few years the PTA have provided:
- Subsidies for the residential trip to France for those who may not otherwise be able to attend
- Subsidies for whole school educational trips to ensure the cost per family is kept to a minimum
- The sides for the outdoor learning classroom in EYFS
- Outdoor learning resources for EYFS
- Online learning resources for the wider curriculum, which can be accessed from home
- Additional school resources such as atlases and dictionaries
- CD players for every classroom
- A new PA system
- A Fridge Freezer for the kitchen area
- A Baby Belling Oven and trolley for food technology lessons
- A slatted music wall
- New bikes and trikes
- The Junior Librarian System for the new library
This list is not exhaustive, but demonstrates the vital resources the PTA are able to help the school provide with their super fundraising efforts! Below are just a few photos of the pupils enjoying their learning as a result!
Thank You from Owls Class
The children and staff in Owls class would like to thank the PTA for funding new resources for our outdoor area.
We have really enjoyed building and creating with the new wood planks and logs. They are brilliant for building our gross motor skills, for extending our imagination and for teaching us to work together as a team.
We also love the new music wall and have chosen some instruments to attach to it. We will create some fantastic performances with all our instruments.
To all the PTA Committee Members and volunteers who have supported such a massive fundraising effort, we'd like to say a massive