Ofsted April 2017
Frieth School was inspected by Ofsted in April 2017. The letter from the lead inspector stated that 'This school continues to be good' The letter highlights the strong team of staff and governors who are 'passionate to improve the quality of provision at Frieth' as well as:
- the drive, vision and inspirational leadership
- the fantastic nurturing environment and community atmosphere
- the conscientious and confident pupils
- the excellent attitudes to learning
- the high levels of supervision at lunchtime and the culture of vigilance for safeguarding children
The inspector also found that:
- the curriculum is well-planned
- that standards are improving for all groups of pupils, including the most vulnerable
- that 'more sharply focused lessons and improved teaching have led to better outcomes for all groups of pupils across the school, particularly in reading and writing'
- that 'mathematics is improving rapidly'
- the learning environment for the early years is further improved with a wider range of stimuli for mathematics and literacy development
- progress in mathematics continues to improve in key stages 1 and 2
- the quality of pupil's work and their depth of learning in science and the wider curriculum are improved
To read the full report please click the PDF link below.